Why Barbara will make a great commissioner...
I moved to North Port from New Hampshire in 2014 with my husband Tom when I "retired" from Constant Contact, a leader in digital marketing for small businesses. I reopened my marketing consultancy, Market Momentum, and have been educating small businesses in SW Florida on how to use digital marketing to grow their sales and profits ever since.
Since moving to North Port, I have served the community in a variety of ways:
* Organizing North Port Forward, a citizen's organization for North Port residents
* Serving on the city's Community Economic Development Advisory Board
* Serving as Communications Chair, North Port Republican Club
* Contributing as a board member of the North Port Economic Development Corporation
* Teaching and coaching for Goodwill’s Microenterprise Program
* Serving as a mentor for SCORE Manasota and SCORE Port Charlotte.
* Teaching hundreds of small business owners how to use digital marketing to grow their business
I was born and raised in a blue-collar, working-class neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts, the daughter of a Boston Firefighter. I worked my way through school and earned several advanced degrees, including:
* Masters in Management from Simmons College
* Masters in City Planning from Boston University
* B.A. in Psychology from Northeastern University.
I spent the early half of my professional career in marketing for Fortune100 Technology companies, leading high-performance teams to successful results. But why should you vote for me? Because I have the vision, professional experience, educational background, and work ethic to be an effective commissioner.